Thanksgiving Leftovers Lasagna
Thanksgiving leftovers are transformed into a delicious lasagna with the addition of spinach, light cream sauce, and low-fat ricotta.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups/28 oz. 1% milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pinch each pepper and nutmeg
- 9 sheets/8 oz. oven-ready noodles
- 1 1/2 cups/6 oz. chopped cooked turkey breast
- 4 cups/1 lb. chopped roasted butternut squash
- 1/2 lb. spinach (steamed and squeezed dry)
- 1 cup/8 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup/4 oz. Italian cheese blend (divided)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil and butter in skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, sage and thyme for about 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle flour over top; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread 1/2 cup sauce evenly over bottom of greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Place 3 noodles over sauce. Spread 1 cup sauce, half of the turkey, butternut squash, spinach and ricotta over top; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Place remaining 3 noodles over top; spread remaining sauce evenly over top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
A SharethePasta.org original recipe.