Coconut Curry Rice Noodle Bowl
This Thai-inspired coconut curry noodle bowl with tofu is made with light coconut milk for all the flavor of a rich curry with less fat.
Coconut Curry Noodle Bowl
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
Calories 312 kcal
- 4 oz. rice noodles
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 6 oz. extra-firm tofu cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp. minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tbsp. Thai green or red curry paste
- 1 cup/8 oz. light coconut milk
- 2 tsp. sodium-reduced soy sauce
- Pinch brown sugar
- 1 cup/6 oz. snow peas trimmed
- 1 carrot thinly sliced diagonally (about 3 oz.)
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup/1 oz. chopped toasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Pinch chili flakes optional
Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in wok or large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook, tofu, onion, garlic and ginger, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until tofu starts to brown. Stir in curry paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add coconut milk, soy sauce and sugar; bring to boil. Stir in snow peas and carrots; cook for about 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in lime juice.
Divide rice noodles among bowls; top with curry. Garnish with peanuts, cilantro, and chili flakes (if using).
- For a spicy noodle bowl, top with finely chopped fresh red Thai chili or finger chilis.
A SharethePasta.org original recipe.