Turkey Noodle Soup
This quick and easy turkey noodle soup is pure comfort food, perfect for cold weather. Enjoy it as the starter to a meal or with some salad and multi-grain bread as a healthy and delicious lunch!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped (about 6 oz.))
- 2 stalks celery (chopped (about 2 oz.))
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 cups/32 oz. sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 2 cups/6 oz. shredded leftover turkey (light and dark meat)
- 2 oz. egg noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme and rosemary for about 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in broth, 1 cup water and turkey; bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for about 5 minutes or until carrots and celery are tender-crisp.
- Stir in noodles; cook for about 5 minutes or until al dente. Add peas; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until peas are heated through and pasta is tender. Stir in parsley, lemon juice and pepper.
- If you have the time and leftover turkey carcass, make a turkey broth by simply simmering it in water for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
A SharethePasta.org original recipe.