Spaghetti with Vegetables and Poached Egg in Chile-Lemon Sauce
Cook up a healthy dinner for that special someone! This spaghetti with vegetables recipe for two is full of flavor (and a hint of spice), not calories.
- 2 oz. spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped garlic
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 6 oz. jar artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 4 cups/4 oz. spinach (roughly chopped)
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup/½ oz. thinly sliced scallions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- Heat a small saucepan with salted water. Hold at a simmer.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Heat until aromatic (about 30 seconds). Add the artichoke hearts and cook until lightly browned (about 2 minutes). Stir in the spinach. Cover the pan and wilt.
- Increase heat on the small saucepan. Crack the eggs into the water. Keep it at a simmer and cook for 3 minutes. This will yield a runny yolk and a set white. Cook longer if desired.
- Finish the pasta while the eggs cook. Stir in the lemon juice and spaghetti. Taste and adjust seasoning. Divide between 2 bowls. Top each with an egg and sprinkle with scallions.
An exclusive PastaFits.org recipe.