These gnocchi-stuffed meatballs have a tender pillow of gnocchi and a cheese nugget inside to create the ultimate family-friendly appetizer.
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 8 Servings
Calories 200 kcal
- 16 pieces fresh gnocchi about 4 oz.
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. Italian herb mixture
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 16 1/2-inch small cubes mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sodium-reduced marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 400°F. Boil gnocchi according to package directions.
Spread in single layer on baking sheet; let cool.
Whisk together egg, 1 tbsp water, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, garlic, herb mixture, salt and pepper. Crumble in ground beef; mix together until well combined. Form into 16 meatballs.
Make indentation in each meatball. Insert one gnocchi and one cube of mozzarella; reform meatball around gnocchi and cheese.
Bake on foil-lined baking sheet for about 15 minutes or until golden, cooked through and cheese is melted.
In saucepan, warm marinara sauce over medium heat. Serve meatballs with sauce for dipping.
- Add 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley to meatball mixture if desired.
- Serve meatballs on festive toothpicks as party appetizers.
A SharethePasta.org original recipe.
Amount Per Serving (2 Meatballs)
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4.5g28%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.