Everything you need for this family favorite can be found in your pantry or refrigerator! Our Pantry Puttanesca recipe is super easy to make and will be sure to impress!
Prep Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
Calories 297 kcal
- 8 oz. of linguine spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- 1 28 oz. can plum tomatoes un-drained
- 1 small onion peeled and diced (1/2 cup)
- 1-2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 3 oz. can white tuna packed in water drained and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp. chopped pitted olives green or black
- 4-6 anchovy fillets optional
- Salt to taste
- Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese optional garnish
Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, combine plum tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes in a 2 quart saucepan and heat to boiling.
Reduce heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, approximately 10-20 minutes and lower heat to a simmer. Stir the tuna, parsley, olives and anchovies (if using) into the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
When pasta is complete, drain well and return it to the pot. Add the sauce and stir until it is evenly distributed. Transfer the pasta to four serving bowls or platter and serve immediately. Add grated cheese as an option garnish.
An exclusive SharethePasta.org recipe.