Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce, Turkey & Cranberries
Put your turkey leftovers to good use! By pairing turkey with fall flavors like pumpkin and cranberry this dish is sure to be a home run!
- 1 lb. bowtie or any medium pasta shape (uncooked)
- 1 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup sliced scallions (white and green parts)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 12- oz. can evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 15- oz. can solid pack pumpkin
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 fresh fennel sprigs (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large, deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add scallions, garlic and fennel seeds; sauté 3 minutes.
- Combine milk, flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir into saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat; boil until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in pumpkin, turkey and cranberries until well blended. Reduce heat to medium; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta. Place in large bowl. Add pumpkin sauce and toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. (Garnished with sprigs of fresh fennel, if desired.)
An exclusive SharethePasta.org recipe.